Monday 15 June 2009

Jan - Feb 2004

Jan 2004. Happy New Year! Did a lot of painting & modelling over the Christmas holiday. Made the second Wespe (on the Frontline PZ II body) and painted it. Painted the Britannia LRDG trucks and crew, 15mm SGII Islamics, WW2 Italians and Germans, WOTR men-at-arms. Added plastic tubes to rear of WOTR men-at-arms stands to take flags.

Its my birthday next week and I'd like to get another DBA army, but can't make up my mind which one. Possibles are Later Crusader, Sub-Roman British (King Arthur), Cilician Armenian, Fatimid Egyptian.

Set up a DBA game, Early Crusader vs. Syrian. Syrians won, but it wasn't until I put them away that I realised that they did it with a 1 base handicap!

We have decided that David will move into the middle bedroom and that all my wargame stuff will move into the front bedroom. But no table. This will mean that I will not have a fixed table for games. All the more reason to concentrate on short, simple games like DBA (at least for the time being).

I need to rationalise my terrain systems as part of the "big move", so I am cutting down all my 40cm carpet tiles to 30cm square.

No comments:

Post a Comment