Monday 15 June 2009

Victory Without Quarter - 1

(December 2008) Having been moderately impressed with Basic Impetus, I had a go with Basic Baroque for ECW. It didn't really grab me and the ranges are badly distorted. Started writing my own rules, but then remembered Richard Brooks' “Victory Without Quarter” (including a successful Cheriton scenario)... I had always been put off these before because of the fiddly 6 man units, but then realised that the Cheriton game at COW used Ian Drury's figures at twice these numbers – 12 man units and 1 figure to 100 men. I rebased a unit to see how it worked and really liked the look – much more like the period engravings! As an added bonus – the game should work on Hexon II (1 hex to 250yds). I have now rebased all my 15mm ECW figures, with 2 figures on a 20mm wide base, except for some cavalry on 25mm wide because they don't fit on 20mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment