Monday 15 June 2009

Spring 2005

(March 2005) Apparently this diary hasn't been updated since April 2004!! I am not sure what I've actually done in the last year - not much, mainly because of lack of space I think.

Last Christmas (2004) I ordered the 15mm ECW figures to bring the ECW armies up to the strength required for "Marston Moor on a 6 by 4". Didn't get round to painting them until Easter, when I discovered that I'd forgotten that Parliament horse are 4 figures per base not 3. Oh dear, I need another 3 packs...

Also got the Dixon figures (can't remember when - Salute 2004?) for the Battle of the Little Big Horn game. Started painting them but haven't touched them for yonks…
Have decided to try and sell the AK47 armies at the BnB at Salute (April 23rd).
Have been getting more involved with the Battlefields Trust. A couple of weeks ago we did a series of presentations at the National Army Museum - very well received. Now we have the 550th anniversary of the 1st Battle of St. Albans in May. BT study day on the Saturday, re-enactment on the Sunday, a busy weekend.

The idea for ECW is to write a series of scenarios for all the major battles. I now have orbats for most of them, although its surprising how different they can be from different sources. The biggest problem is how to draw the maps. I still cannot find a decent map drawing program. I don't really want to draw them by hand.

As a support to the Battles of St. Albans presentations, I want to use the 25mm WOTR armies to illustrate the action. Chopped up one of the old paste tables to get two boards 36" by 18" for the 2nd battle. Painted them green and will now mark the terrain (road net, Tonman Ditch, river) with black felt pen. Then paint? Was going to do the same for 1st battle but that is a 4 by 4 and it seemed a bit of a waste since it is mostly the town centre.

Rationalising: along with getting rid of the AK47 stuff, I'm going to put the Spanish Netherlands DBR stuff into store (the back eaves).

No comments:

Post a Comment