Monday 15 June 2009

Winter 2001

I'm still working on the idea of flank attacks being more devastating than in most rules. Last night (29/11), I set up an AK47 game to try the flank attack mods in that system.

The AK47 game was good and the flank attack mods didn't make a huge difference (there weren't many flank attacks) but I am convinced this is the right way to go.

Then tried an ACW game using RTRY with the flank attack mods. ** An idea for ACW terrain - Clearings rather than woods ("reverse terrain").

Other thoughts about the AK47 game:
  • Special effects chits aren't much good.
  • Its too crowded on 48" * 30" table - needs 48" * 48" minimum.
  • Objectives are very important for a fluid battle.
  • Recoilless Rifles should be in a separate vehicle
  • Need morale chits and objective chits (with dummies like DSII).
  • Need mortar crew and dead figs.
Didn't do much wargaming over the Christmas holiday. The RTRY game worked OK, but I now think that the casualty rates are too high so tried it again with reduced small arms fire effect. Having tried that, I think I'll try it yet again with reduced artillery effect as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment