Monday 15 June 2009

Summer 2003

Easter 2003 - virtually no gaming again this holiday. Spent a lot of time working on the Roman fort for CHJS, so perhaps that was a reason. The fort is mostly done - just the walls left to do and adding detail, grass mat etc. Games need space - and not much available right now. A certain PC has also been getting in the way… Didn't even play Battle Cry! Perhaps I should have done. Decided I needed a 3ft * 2ft board for things like 6mm Napoleonic, so cut down one of the old 4*2's (with blue hexes on) and painted the "rough" side green.

Salute is this Saturday (26th April) and I have a shopping list. Why am I going to buy a lot of 20mm WWII? Maybe because I like them and a bit of nostalgia. The only place we can play Rapid Fire is in the Gable Room (at the church), so I am wondering about "downsizing" to 1/200??

(August 19th) Very little wargaming over the last several weeks (personal reasons). A propos previous entry, I am going to stick with 20mm WWII. Too much stuff already and too much nostalgia to change. I'll just have to live with the space problem. (Thought: reduce moves and ranges in RF??). Slowly getting back into things now. Have played a couple of FMA-B test games - shaping up nicely. Revamping old South American fleets for "Damn Battleships Again".

Following on from the previous entry, I thought I'd try reducing all moves and ranges in Rapid Fire to 2/3. Produced a "Rapid Fire 2/3" playsheet. Tried it out with a scenario using the Russians for the first time - worked a treat! This could also be done by producing a "reduced ruler" - a 12in ruler that is actually only 8" long. Then you don't need to use a special version of the playsheet... I think perhaps Dirtside II and Stargrunt II might benefit from a similar treatment?

Set up a refight of Talavera using HF&G. The French won - but only just!!

No comments:

Post a Comment