Monday 15 June 2009

Jan - March 2008

Rebasing 25mm WOTR for “The Sunne in Splendour” rules development. Figures actually look better, I think – less cramped than before. I do like the brown brush penned edges on the Avocado mount board bases.

The book was published in August 2007. Selling well!

“The Sunne in Splendour”, after several iterations is finally giving me the sort of game I want. Now need to look at developing some scenarios.

Tried IABSM but didn't really like it very much. Almost in desperation, went back to my (really) old WW2 rules “Breakout”. With several modifications they became “Breakout V2” and now they seem to be a very enjoyable game!

Bought some British infantry and a Lledo van to be painted up as “Dad's Army” for FMA.

Tried “All the King's Men”. Interesting rule mechanisms. Gave a reasonably good “toy soldiers” game. Would probably play them again.

Perhaps inspired by the success of SiS and Breakout V 2, I dug out Neil Cogswell's rules and tinkered with them. I've now renamed them “The Whites of Their Eyes” since they're mostly my rules now. Still have the Cogswell flavour but a lot of the old “wrinkles” ironed out to give a smoother game. The Prussians have just soundly beaten the Austrians.

Had a go at the D6 variant of “The Sword and the Flame”. A few small mods but it plays well and is quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment